Navigation

Monday, September 24, 2012

When I am weak...

In talking with a friend today, I was talking to her about all the losses that we have had in the last year, and I mentioned that it kind of sounds like a country song.  We have lost 4 children, 2 dogs and a truck.  I know that the dogs and the truck is what makes it feel very country, but my son viewed the truck as a huge loss and so we had to deal through that as well.

I know that for the last year we have walked out a lot of things that are considered loss and I know that in each loss there is something that God wants to use to bring glory to Himself.  Trying to figure out how he wants to use me in the middle of that is what has been "difficult" to figure out.  I want to be available and willing for how he wants each circumstance to reflect glory back to Him.  I know in several of the cases, that did not happen at the beginning.  I sure do hope that as I continue to figure this out with a Godly perspective, that he will continue to meet me there and use me.  I want to be a vessel that is willing to be completely broken so that he can put me back together in the way that He needs me to be and then use me to show that in my weakness He is the one that shines through very strong.

I know that at Lena's memorial, God was able to do that just by me getting up in front of people.  Where I did not do it perfectly by looking around at the people present, I know that just me being in front of people and speaking was completely and totally God.  I hope that He continues to use our loss in ways that show His strength very present in our lives, and uses each opportunity to continue to heal us and perfect us.

II Corinthians 12: 9-10
 “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment